Year 5 Class Page
Welcome to Year 5!
Our class ethos is based upon our Catholic faith where we try to follow the example of Jesus in our day to day lives in Year 5.
Our class saint is Maximilian Kolbe.
Our School Rules:
At St. Mary’s, in everything we say and do we follow the teaching of Jesus.
1. We always listen carefully so that we can learn and be safe.
2. We work hard and persevere to achieve our best.
3. We take responsibility for our actions.
4. We show good manners by being kind and treating others as we would like to be treated.
5. We value and care for our school and all the things in it.
6. When lining up and walking round school, we always walk quietly.
The children are expected to complete calculations on a daily basis and as such knowing their times tables is extremely important. This will help the children with their fluency and speed and will give them more confidence in this subject. It is not just calculations that are important in Year 5: there is also a large emphasis placed on reasoning and problem solving. This requires the children to make links between their knowledge in the subject and use these to solve various problems. The children’s comprehension skills are very important when completing this area of work.
The main part of the maths lesson will be used to teach the full range of maths topics that is on the Year 5 curriculum – see curriculum overview.
Year 5 Class Prayer
In RE, we listened to the story of the Good Samaritan.
We talked about the story.
We shared ideas.
We acted out the story.